Thursday, April 3, 2014

The 250 club

Jenson Button joins an exclusive club this weekend, as he becomes the fifth driver in Formula 1 to reach the milestone of 250 Grand Prix starts. He follows Rubens Barrichello, Michael Schumacher, Riccardo Patrese and Jarno Trulli's footsteps.



I remember being at his 200th Grand Prix celebration in Budapest, 2011. A nice informal gathering of friends, family, F1 family, team members, team PR's and errr... biscuits - Button biscuits! - in the McLaren Hospitality in the Paddock. He then went on to win the race that weekend. 50 races later, will he be able to do the same in Bahrain? The answer, this Sunday!


(Photo: The Button biscuit from Hungary 2011 to celebrate Jenson's 200th Formula 1 Grand Prix)

"It's crazy, it feels only like yesterday that I was celebrating my 200th, with a win for McLaren in Hungary back in 2011. It means I've been around for a long time! I'm very happy with my career, even though there have been highs and lows. One of the things I'm most proud of is the way I've stacked up against my teammates. I've had 10 of them in 15 seasons, so I've needed to prove myself to the new guy say beside me virtually every year. It's a very funny sport in that respect because even after everything you've achieved, you've still got to prove yourself again and again" - Jenson Button.

No comments: